Saturday 19 March 2011

Perfect Ride!

Best ride of the year .... so far!  Spent a bit of time checking and re-shimming her NP saddle then prepared her to ride - only took 5mins, a record!! Lots of lovely soft flexions. Did a bit of point to point and trotting circles to get us warmed up and in sync.  Got some really nice trot circle so all the work we have been doing on finding relaxation online is paying off now. We did have a few small issues of her choosing when to eat, but once she figured it was better to wait till i offered she was fine (and didn't take much persuading - my leadership in the saddle must be going up!)

I then moved on to playing the Yo-Yo game by doing lots of transitions B/up - Halt - Walk - Trot both on a circle ans straight line.  She was really responsive and we finished with some really lovely Halt-Trot-Halt transitions from my energy alone. Let her stand and graze for 10 mins with me sat on her as a reward for putting in so much effort in the transitions. When i wanted to get of i just lifted my life and her head popped up ready to go again!

For me I am over the moon that I had almost no hesitation in getting on her today or at any point in the session. Can't wait to go to the beach tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment